Galatians 2:17-3:9 - Faith Preceded and Supersedes the Law
Written by Paul D. Race for SchoolOfTheRock.com
- Paul has criticized those who add the Law to Grace, or at show fear of those who did.
Faith and the Law do Not Work Together.
- Paul explains that adding the Law to faith nullifies _____. (2:17-18, 21)
- We are dead to the Law and alive to God through _______. (2:19-20)
Paul’s Challenge to the Galatians
- Who has cast a spell on you to draw you away from the ______? (3:1a)
- You clearly understood about ________ and His crucifixion. (3: 1b)
- Did you receive the Spirit of God because you were obedient to the Law or because you believed the __________ when you heard it? (3:2)
- What makes you think that obeying the ______ can add to your faith? (3:3)
- If you didn’t cast your _______ away when you were suffering for it, why would you cast it aside now? (3:4)
- Did God use the Law to give you the ____ _____, or did He use faith? (3:5)
Who are the True Children of Abraham?
- God counted Abraham as __________ because of Abraham’s faith. (3:6)
- The true children of ____________ are those who follow his example of faith in God. (3:7, 9)
- This was what God meant when He promised to bless all ________ through Abraham. (3:8)
- Can adding legalistic burdens to our Christian experience improve our faith or benefit us in any other way that counts for eternity?
- Why might Christians who know they are saved by faith allow legalists to dictate “codes of conduct” or other extra-Biblical standards to them?
- How might Christians tolerating, or even currying the favor of legalistic people hurt new believers?
To return to the Galatians Index Page, click HERE.
To go to the next page, click HERE.
Click HERE for a printer friendly (PDF version) of this page.